So then yesterday, I went over to the Carpenter's house for a time of prayer together. We listened to the message Bro. Johns preached this past Sunday about vital signs of hope, then we prayed.
We had planned to meet the kids again from down the street, this time with the suggestion from Mark that we start Sunday School. Well, I didn't know how in the world we were going to do that, but we prayed that "Father" would help us to do it His way.
I told Scott that I needed to go home for a bit and for him to go on ahead, and that I would just be a little bit late. I wasn't feeling well, and I thought I needed to eat. Scott also prayed for me, and when he layed his hand on my back I honestly felt the Spirit of God just go all over me. Even as I was leaving their house, I was already feeling much better!
I ate something, and then left for the park. Everyone was waiting on me when I got there. I decided to sit out the first game just to make sure that I was ok. Which by this time, I am not feeling sick at all, just a bit tired. So Scott formed teams and began to play. In the next few minutes, these huge storm clouds rolled in but the sun was still shining. I looked up, and there was this big storm cloud right over us....nobody else! It started pouring! I mean it was like somebody was shooting rain at us. For the next ten minutes it rained soooo hard. Everybody was soaked! All we could do was stand there. We were in a park, there was no shelter. No where to run! It was actually all quite humorous. After it stopped, we were already wet, so lets just play anyway. It was a blast! We were kinda finished with our game, and I was like, "Everybody come here!" I told them that me and Scott were Bible teachers and that on Saturday we were going to teach the Bible at three o'clock then play frisbee football again. I told them they needed to at least tell their parents what we were doing and that their parents were more than welcome to come. To my surprise, everyone seemed excited! Later Nicole, Scott's wife, told me that she was wondering how we were going to ask about the Sunday School. And when I got up and told them that thats whatwe were going to do. She thought it was interesting that all the kids just listened to me. She pointed out the fact that they already act like our youth group! It was hilarious because they do! There were about fifteen young people there again. It was really cool! Scott started teaching Karate lessons after that and we ended up staying around for another couple hours. I might mention also that the sun never ceased to shine in all that, even in the midst of the rain. There was this huge rainbow too!
When we left, we went to StatOil, a nearby gas station to get a hotdog. A drunk guy started talking to us. Showing like 5 bullet scars he had from the army! It was crazy. He couldn't believe that Americans were sitting on the curb, in cruddy muddy clothes eating hotdogs and riding the bus! It was funny to watch his perception of America change in that moment. We told him we were in Lithuania to teach the Bible. He kept offering us a beer, but reminded himself that we didn't drink because," oh, you love God." So he had Scott act like HE was giving the beer away. It was really funny! Anyway, we finally left there and came home. The Carpenters came to my house for showers. They haven't had hot water for several days. Anyway! now I'm just ramblin....
1 comment:
John,
This is so awesome! Dad and I are so excited for you and Scott and Nicole. The cloud was from the Devil but he cannot stop the work of God. Mom
Post a Comment