Life has definitely got much faster over the past two days. Wednesday, I'm sorry I forgot to write, the Carpenter's and I went to sign the papers on a business we purchased so we can apply for our residence permits. It was quite an adventure and I must admit, I am still trusting in God's instincts in this more than my own. It appeared to be the open door that God has given us, so we have walked through it. While we were there, they needed to prepare some protocol papers for us, so we went to lunch, and true to Mark's advice we took the lawyer's helping us with us to St. Valentino's. A great little Italian joint! I think it really helped our relationship open up a bit. I don't know if lawyers here are used to that. We were able to be ourselves and have a good time talking about why we were in Vilnius! Since these lawyer's are going to be working with us to apply for our residence permits, its important that we have a more friendly relationship, than the cold professional way its been. Smiles are rare....let me tell you. I think now that we had lunch together, they have opened up a bit.
So later that day, I was supposed to meet a lady for a Bible Study. (This story is crazy.) Well, I missed the bus I needed to take, so I had to wait for the next one. This made me late by about 4 minutes. I thought "four minutes, surely she will still be there." But she wasn't, she sent me a text message that said,"Hi John, I looked for you but you weren't there so I went home." I couldn't believe it! She didn't even wait FIVE minutes! So, I called the Carpenters and told them what happened. Then I just stood there and asked "Father" what I should do now. I told the Devil I was going to go find someone else to teach right then!
So I walked over to a small park where some kids were skateboarding and sat down on a bench, waiting for something...I didn't know what. Finally, this guy sits down next to me with big dreadlocks. I asked him what his name was, he told me it was "George." We talked and exchanged phone numbers, then left the park. I was walking toward the bus, debating whether or not I should eat at Mcdonalds or at home. I decided to eat "now" at McDonalds. Which, is almost always the better idea. On the way there I got message from the lady. She said she was sorry that she left so soon, and honestly thought that I would not show up. I told her "I forgive you and lets meet." Ironically, I was back in McDonalds, the place we originally planned to meet. It was really cool how things worked out. I talked with her for several hours about the Bible, about what God has done for me, and what He wants to do for her. We plan to meet again! I give God all the glory for everything!
No comments:
Post a Comment